touch typing tutor
Download from PortableApps.com
TypeFaster Typing Tutor Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
TypeFaster is a free typing tutor teaches you how to touch-type. Once you can touch-type you will not need to look at the keyboard to find the letters you want to type.
- Supports multiple keyboard layouts and more can be added easily (see the developers section). Includes support for non-rectangular keys. The following keyboard layouts are currently supported: Danish, Finnish, French, French-Belgian, German, Hebrew (no lesson files), Italian, Norwegian, Numeric Keypad, Portuguese, Spanish, UK-English, US-Dvorak, US-English
- A clear indication of which fingers to use. This is the essence of touchtyping.
- A 3D typing game.
- Typing statistics and the option of practising the least accurate/slowest/custom keys.
- Keyboard is not a fixed size (resolution independent).
- Multi-user support.
- Teacher support (view student statistics).
- Interface for editing lesson files and game settings.
- Backspace support
- Right to left text support.
- Variable text size.
- Lesson files can be prose or poems.
- Lesson progress indicator.
- Publisher: TypeFaster Team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2018-09-17
- Date Added: 2010-12-26
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: TypeFaster, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: e76860743aa3f1666ce9ad60b0dfe59d
- SHA256 Hash: 813d0279efbf3bbed7deb6fc994ccf091eeba2ea5a516ca4759e9b748f4e0118