single player dungeon exploration
Download from PortableApps.com
NetHack Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly. Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
- Publisher: nethack.org & PortableApps.com (Andy Gardner)
- Date Updated: 2019-07-08
- Date Added: 2011-02-11
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Nethack, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 363fc5e098fe6e9dbd2bceddf7d81c1c
- SHA256 Hash: 203f22ff549fb64f916855bbc595d0b1706d4f2d8d981871b2fa27573e1bac73