single player dungeon exploration
Download from PortableApps.com
NetHack Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly. Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
Save Game Changes: Nethack changed the way it saved games. If you created a save game with a version prior to 3.6.6, you will need to open your NetHackPortable\Data\saves directory and rename your saved game to remove your Windows username from the beginning. So rename WindowsUser-Character.NetHack-saved-game to Character.NetHack-saved-game.
Invalid Settings Close: If you attempt to create a character with an invalid combination of attributes, Nethack will close with no error when you click OK.
- Publisher: nethack.org & PortableApps.com (Andy Gardner)
- Date Updated: 2020-08-25
- Date Added: 2011-02-11
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Nethack, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 27660edba8d010fe8e977327884df66f
- SHA256 Hash: c4df6979a44b5b0f5340e002cde51b3e577648740e8cbaf8dc36c521913e83b1