audio editor and recorder
Download from PortableApps.com
Audacity Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Audacity is an easy-to-use audio editor and recorder. You can use it to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features.
FFMPEG Support: To add FFMPEG support to Audacity, download the FFmpeg for Audacity 3.2.0 plugin and run the installer. Select to add it to your existing Audacity Portable installation.
- Publisher: Audacity Team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2023-01-31
- Date Added: 2006-08-20
- System Requirements: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- (Windows XP: 2.2.2)
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Audacity, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 4a0c71cd82c44519faeb8417d5f81bc0155520893a997b8868c77cffa3e412e8