VirtualDub Portable is a video capture/processing utility. It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images. Both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of VirtualDub are included and the correct one is automatically used for your current machine to ensure best performance.
Additional Codecs Note: VirtualDub uses a combination of plugins for codecs (see above) and codecs on the local machine, so if you wish to use a non-standard codec like DivX or XVID, you'll need it installed. This is unavoidable at the moment.
- Publisher: VirtualDub Team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2013-10-31
- Date Added: 2007-07-16
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: VirtualDub, Plugins, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 57a15181c3b19a96e3ab50a4493f68fa89bb62acf9dab90f71111e514b712878