VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software based on TrueCrypt 7.1a. It allows secure encryption of full disks as well as virtual volumes that can be mounted on the fly. VeraCrypt has support for various encryption algorithms (AES, Serpent, TwoFish), keyfiles, security tokens, hotkeys, and more.
Windows Vista/7 Requirements: Windows 7 support requires that either KB3033929 or KB4474419 is installed. Windows Vista support requires that either KB4039648 or KB4474419 is installed.
TrueCrypt Compatibility: VeraCrypt 1.26 and later drops support for legacy TrueCrypt containers as well as the RIPEMD160 and GOST89 algorithms. To access older containers, you can use VeraCrypt Portable 1.25.9 Legacy. You may be able to convert them to the current VeraCrypt format and algorithms.
- Publisher: VeraCrypt Team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2023-10-02
- Date Added: 2016-05-24
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (Apache/TrueCrypt)
- Source: VeraCrypt, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 91389fb397c3f47f68536aac42d24bb2e8c8ddef72a3f8b43f52026d4a3fc5d2