Process Explorer is a task manager and process analyzer that can drill down into handles and DLLs that processes have loaded. The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded. The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.
- Publisher: Sysinternals & PortableApps.com (Vic Saville)
- Date Updated: 2017-05-17
- Date Added: 2012-12-05
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Freeware (Personal and business use)
- Source: PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 9865d31d8272911ddfb09031e8de5de5
PortableApps.com is not affiliated with Sysinternals or Microsoft.