text substitution tool
Download from PortableApps.com
Texter Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Texter is an open source text substitution app from the friendly folks at lifehacker. It runs from the windows system tray and automatically substitutes user-defined abbreviations with complete words, phrases or longer text to save you time. Unlike software-specific text replacement features, Texter runs in the Windows system tray and works in any application you're typing in. Texter can also set return-to markers for your cursor and insert clipboard contents into your replacement text, in addition to more advanced keyboard macros. While Texter itself is portable on its own, the Texter Portable package makes it a snap to install and upgrade, especially with the PortableApps.com Platform.
- Publisher: Adam Pash & PortableApps.com (powerjuce)
- Date Updated: 2015-06-06
- Date Added: 2011-02-16
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Texter, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 084ea84ae09a76189cda863bed2c210519298dab273aba5b74e7f517b6c3b7de