You are here

Beta Testing

Testing of beta versions of apps before public release.

GoldenDict Portable 1.0.1 Development Test 1

computerfreaker's picture
Submitted by computerfreaker on August 25, 2010 - 4:32pm

Application: GoldenDict
Category: Education
Description: The GoldenDict project aims to create a feature-rich dictionary lookup program. The program has the following features: support for multiple dictionary file formats, support for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based sites to perform lookups in, support for looking up and listening to pronunciations from forvo.com, and much more.

Widelands Portable Build 16 Development Test 1

dagardner's picture
Submitted by dagardner on August 24, 2010 - 4:06pm

Application: Widelands
Category: Games
Description: Widelands is an open source (GPLed) real-time strategy game. It is built upon the SDL and other open source libraries and is (and will always be) under heavy development. If you knew Settlers I & II™ (© Bluebyte), then you already have a rough idea what Widelands is all about because widelands is heavily inspired by those two games.

calibre Portable on Kindle

Submitted by JoeBtfsplk on August 24, 2010 - 6:51am

I installed calibre Portable on my Kindle 2 (acts like USB drive) and it runs on XP but changing libraries doesn't work. I changed it from the default to a calibre library itself residing on the Kindle and it seems to work but when I restart the app later, the library reverts to the original empty default and I can't change it again.

[Duplicate thread removed - mod Chris]

[Dead] Flock Portable Development Test 1

Pyromaniac's picture
Submitted by Pyromaniac on August 22, 2010 - 5:57pm

Dead: The developers of Flock have stopped development of their web browser; Flock Portable will follow suit.

Application: Flock
Category: Internet
Description: Flock is a web browser based off of Firefox, and is designed to work better than other browsers for social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter.

PortableApps.com Launcher: This portable app was written with the PortableApps.com Launcher.

Last.fm 1.5.4.24567 Portable Dev Test 1

Submitted by mjreynolds on August 17, 2010 - 1:13pm

Application: Last.fm
Category: Music & Video
Description: Last.fm is a tool that lets you stream music and makes suggestions based on the music you play in the tool itself, or in other media players.

Download Last.fm Portable 1.5.4.24567 Development Test 1 [5.5MB download / 18.5MB installed]

Release Notes:

Development Test 1 (2010-08-17): Initial Release

Pages