lightweight text editor
AkelPad Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text that is designed to be a small and fast.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
- Full support of Unicode strings;
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
- Publisher: Shengalts Aleksander & Alexey Kuznetsov & PortableApps.com (Brandon Cheng)
- Date Updated: 2016-07-19
- Date Added: 2011-01-19
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: AkelPad, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: aa324379319e254b5ee6ae8359c2860f