text editor and basic IDE
Geany Portable is cross-platform, GTK based Integrated Development Platform. You can work on simple text files, html, perl, python, NSIS and more with Geany. By using Geany Portable's built path-additions support, you can even configure Geany Portable so that Geany can use the compilers located locally on your flash drive. Bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, you can take Geany with you.
Geany Portable works best with the PortableApps.com Platform
Geany Plugins: Download and install Geany Portable Plugins 1.32 to add features.
- Path-based compiler support: By using the built in path addition support, you can have Geany locate your needed compiler for whatever programming language you are using.
- GTK Based theming: You can configure GTK to allow Geany to be in your favorite GTK based theme.
- User Configurable Syntax Highlighting: Geany supports syntax highlighting configuration, so you can customize the style of your syntax highlighting, or visit Geany.org and download another user-contributed syntax theme.
- Geany Portable Plugins are included in the app.
- Cross-Platform. Use linux at work or on your netbook? Use Geany and have unified experience coding, independent of your current platform. (Note, Geany Portable is Windows only. Geany is available in many repositories for many Linux OS').
- Publisher: GeanyPortable.org, PortableApps.com (Oliver Krystal) and the Geany team
- Date updated: 2017-11-22
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- License: Free / Open Source (GPL)
- Source Code: Launcher, Source (Geany)
- MD5 Hash: 26e768a1772059434a70da24e83da8e8
Geany Portable is made available in conjunction with GeanyPortable.org with permission from the Geany developers.