dictionary and encyclopedia lookups
Download from PortableApps.com
GoldenDict has its own internal web browswer with tab support. It supports multiple dictionary file formats (Babylon .BGL files, StarDict .ifo/.dict./.idx/.syn dictionaries, Dictd .index/.dict(.dz) dictionary files, ABBYY Lingvo .dsl and .lsa/.dat audio archives; all of which can be added by placing them in the GoldenDict\Data\content directory while the app is closed. GoldenDict supports Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based sites as well as websites via templated Url patterns. And lots more.
Website: The developer is no longer updating the website but is releasing versions in their GitHub project.
- Publisher: Konstantin Isakov & PortableApps.com (Josh S.)
- Date Updated: 2023-06-30
- Date Added: 2011-02-22
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11 & WINE
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: GoldenDict, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 3d27c3ce61f8f83e1632b3c1186f65b6296f40ee4bd50bb4633c3d72a04d3a4c