genealogical research software
Download from PortableApps.com
Gramps Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Gramps is a genealogy program that is both intuitive for hobbyists and feature-complete for professional genealogists.
- Gramplets - A dashboard to help you monitor the progress of your research. A variety of widgets provide quick analysis of your data and more.
- People - A list of every individual in your records featuring birth/death dates and more.
- Relationships - A summary of the active person’s parents, siblings, spouses and children.
- Families - A list of every family group featuring parent names, relationship status and, if applicable, marriage dates.
- Ancestry - A graphic representation of the active person’s ancestry featuring photos and birth/death dates.
- Events - A list of every event in your records featuring descriptions, event types, dates and places.
- Places - A list of every place in your records featuring place names and location details.
- Geography - An interactive map view highlighting places associated with one person, a group of people or all people in your records.
- Sources - A list of all sources referenced in your records featuring authors and publication details.
- Citations - A list of all citations referenced in your records featuring quality, date, volume and page.
- Repositories - A list of source repositories referenced in your records featuring web addresses, physical addresses and email contact information.
- Media - A list of all photos, videos and other media referenced in your records featuring thumbnail preview, media type and more.
- Notes - A list of all text notes included in your records featuring note type and preview.