genealogical research software
Download from PortableApps.com
Version 5.1.5 for Windows, Multilingual
65MB download / 123-198MB installed
Notes | Antivirus Scan | Details
Gramps Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Gramps is a genealogy program that strives to be both intuitive for hobbyists and feature-complete for professional genealogists.
- Gramplets - A dashboard to help you monitor the progress of your research. A variety of widgets provide quick analysis of your data and more.
- People - A list of every individual in your records featuring birth/death dates and more.
- Relationships - A summary of the active person’s parents, siblings, spouses and children.
- Families - A list of every family group featuring parent names, relationship status and, if applicable, marriage dates.
- Ancestry - A graphic representation of the active person’s ancestry featuring photos and birth/death dates.
- Events - A list of every event in your records featuring descriptions, event types, dates and places.
- Places - A list of every place in your records featuring place names and location details.
- Geography - An interactive map view highlighting places associated with one person, a group of people or all people in your records.
- Sources - A list of all sources referenced in your records featuring authors and publication details.
- Citations - A list of all citations referenced in your records featuring quality, date, volume and page.
- Repositories - A list of source repositories referenced in your records featuring web addresses, physical addresses and email contact information.
- Media - A list of all photos, videos and other media referenced in your records featuring thumbnail preview, media type and more.
- Notes - A list of all text notes included in your records featuring note type and preview.
Gramps Database Changes: Version 5.0 and later of Gramps may not be able to import data from version 3.x automatically. If you upgraded from a previous version of Gramps, your old version was copied to a GrampsPortableLegacy directory alongside your upgraded one. You can open that version and export to Gramps XML format, then create a new family tree in Gramps 5.1 and import your data if you encounter issues.
For help with this app, please see the following:
- Publisher: Gramps Team & PortableApps.com (Bart.S)
- Date Updated: 2022-02-15
- Date Added: 2010-12-09
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Gramps, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 768bfb6165d44646d30d4af3ac3b51e312bbe51ecd48ac1685b7e2a5b2393772