Stellarium Portable is a free, open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars, or a telescope. You can view the planets and gaze at the stars in stunning detail. Stellarium includes vivid illustrations of the constellations and a theatrical display of ravishing nebulae and galaxies. With Stellarium Portable, you can transform any computer into a stargazing centerpiece.
Legacy Build: The equivalent 0.22.x 32-bit version of Stellarium is also included for use on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit.
Legacy Mode: Older PCs and PCs with lower-end graphics chipsets may need to set Stellarium to run in software rendering mode. This can be accomplished by copying the AppNamePortable.ini file from the StellariumPortable\Other\Source directory to the StellariumPortable directory, renaming it to StellariumPortable.ini and then editing the file so that the first line reads AdditionalParameters=--angle-mode and then saving.
- Publisher: Stellarium Team & PortableApps.com (Kevin Porter)
- Date Updated: 2023-09-26
- Date Added: 2008-04-27
- System Requirements: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- (Windows XP: 0.13.3)
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Stellarium, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- SHA256 Hash: 664068e463aaec23495b96c0138b1140a808f4e4c9d86fa36cbc56e7efb17b16