emulator for classic DOS games
Download from PortableApps.com
DOSBox Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC with sound, graphics, mouse and more. DOSBox emulates a 286/386 CPU, supports realmode amd protected mode, has a full virtual file system, support for XMS and EMS, graphics support including Tandy/Hercules/CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA and sound support including SoundBlaster and Gravis Ultra Sound cards. It has excellent compatibility with many classic games.
Helpful Tip: You can have DOSBox automatically mount a path on your portable device by editing your dosbox.conf file in the DOSBoxPortable\Data\settings directory and adding the following line to the end of the file (replacing PathOnMyDevice with the path you'd like to mount as your C drive):
mount c \PathOnMyDevice
- Publisher: DOSBox Team & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2019-07-02
- Date Added: 2007-08-28
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: DOSBox, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 376701c9c5f22e10cf1ee4a46862a62c
- SHA256 Hash: f87e4878bf32dffa00c92993140b01a80bfc277304caba583619a4a44f5ee648