Download from PortableApps.com
Falkon Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Falkon is a KDE web browser using QtWebEngine rendering engine, previously known as QupZilla. It aims to be a lightweight web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, Falkon has grown into a feature-rich browser. Falkon has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, it has by default enabled blocking ads with a built-in AdBlock plugin.
Windows 7 32-bit Hotfix: Falkon requires Hotfix KB2999226 to be installed to properly function. Windows 8 32-bit may require this as well.
OpenGL: Falkon requires properly functioning OpenGL drivers to work. It has a --disable-gpu switch that can be passed on the commandline or AdditionalParameters in the launcher, but it may not be working correctly.
- Publisher: Falkon Team & PortableApps.com (John T. Haller)
- Date Updated: 2019-09-01
- Date Added: 2018-06-04
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Open Source (GPL)
- Source: Falkon, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: abcbee4bd2387b112f2d34bb6de422fd
- SHA256 Hash: 5fb73cab11fb33d8f45952382025414244fe9aa41547f25267e93aeb564c9aa9