distributed computing project
Download from PortableApps.com
Folding@home Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a distributed computing project for simulating protein dynamics, including the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins implicated in a variety of diseases. It brings together citizen scientists who volunteer to run simulations of protein dynamics on their personal computers. Insights from this data are helping scientists to better understand biology, and providing new opportunities for developing therapeutics.
Drive Space: Note that Folding@home will store 100MB+ of data while working on work units.
If you'd like to join the PortableApps.com team on Folding@home, we're team number 257668.
- Publisher: The Folding@home Consortium & PortableApps.com
- Date Updated: 2020-05-20
- Date Added: 2020-04-01
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- App License: Freeware (Personal and business use)
- Source: PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 99ddeb0d5a86e736c04fdde6e3c722e8
- SHA256 Hash: 33cb3554011881d36e86c160d3e837a3dc916d62fa7d55c7f7feab52ad841da6
Folding@home is packaged for portable use with preliminary permission from The Folding@home Consortium (FAHC)