HDHacker can be used, for example, to save and restore a particular boot manager (such as LILO, for example) before a new Windows setup (which, obviously, overwrites it). An MBR and BootSector backup can also be useful for simple precautionary purposes too, since sometimes viruses or other OS setup (like Linux) could overwrite and/or alter the MBR/Boot Sectors, making it impossible to start up previous OS and/or access datas stored on the disk. HDHacker can provide "insurance" against all these types of loss.
- Publisher: Dimio & PortableApps.com (Kenny Williams)
- Date Updated: 2017-09-18
- Date Added: 2011-03-04
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Freeware (Personal and business use)
- Source: PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: d360ac4339aa2709a8352e9dbc44efbe
HDHacker is packaged for portable use with permission from Dimio.