You are here

LibreOffice Portable

Watch What is Happening with LibreOffice 'Still' (Previous)

Submitted by Abraxian on July 12, 2024 - 3:28am

Hello John,

Regarding LibreOffice 24.2.5:

If you look at the LibreOffice download webpage you will notice that LibreOffice Still isn't there any more. I don't know if that situation is temporary or permanent. If I look at the LibreOffice Blog for 24.2.5 for some indication of what is going on then there is only this paragraph on the issue:

LibreOffice doesn't start from Plataform

JohnHartmann's picture
Submitted by JohnHartmann on May 7, 2024 - 8:48am


I can't start LibreOffice from the Plataform. It displays the splash screen, no error message, and doesn't open, this is for any of the apps of the suite.

The problem has been reported in previous topics:

LO 24: crash while edit options

Submitted by midiman08 on February 16, 2024 - 3:18am

on LO 7.6 everythings working fine, but after updating to LO 24.2.0 I have trouble with edit the options. I try to edit the options under "extra" > "options". Then my system runs und runs and runs - nothing happens. Ok - I close the app manually. After restarting LO I got a message about the crashing. I choose "safe mode" and LO started. When running the "options" again, the app hangs again.
My first idea was a wrong java version, but I installed Java 1.8 in 32 bit from Oracle. (regular I use the java apps from zulu). It doesn't help...

Any idea's ???

Installing LibreOffice Portable on a device with regular LibreOffice?

Submitted by PortableGood on February 1, 2024 - 9:12pm

If a Windows device has regular (non-portable) LibreOffice installed, can one also install and use LibreOffice portable? Or will this cause problems for one or both versions?

The goal is to be able to easily use 2 different versions of LibreOffice without any fuss.

My biggest concern is that if the portable version of LibreOffice is cleaning up all the LibreOffice registry keys it uses, that it will delete the registry keys that the installed version expects.

Also, does the Windows version matter for the answer to this question?

"Secure Site Not Available" / "A HTTPS version of is not available".

Submitted by Korwin on January 17, 2024 - 3:53am

> Download From Publisher
> Version 7.6.4 for Windows, Multilingual-All
> 257MB download / 800-1300MB installed

> Secure Site Not Available
> A HTTPS version of is not available.
> What could be causing this?
> * Most likely, the web site simply does not support HTTPS.
> * It’s also possible that an attacker is involved. If you decide to visit the web site, you should not enter any sensitive information like passwords, emails, or credit card details.

[Fixed] LibreOffice Portable 7.6.4 doesn't have all available languages in installer

Submitted by noki on December 29, 2023 - 2:45pm

The list of possible installation languages in LibreOffice 7.6.4 Portable MultilingualAll is missing quite a few languages like Dutch. This removes the method of just installing the selected language plus English (using the "Remove Extra Languages" during installation)

[Fixed] LibreOffice Portable Still 7.5.7 Secondary Launchers Not Working

fredrikl's picture
Submitted by fredrikl on October 17, 2023 - 4:08am

I have tested both on Windows 10 and 11 on two different computers both with 64-bit OS. All "direct" LibreOffice apps don't start with Portable Apps version of LibreOffice

I have tried with different install paths with new clean installation and it does not work no matter how I have changed the install path. The path C:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable7.5.7.1\ was for example used.

It's the same behavior when starting from within the launcher as directly from installed path using windows explorer.