If you've created an app that is currently posted as a Development Test and the following apply:
- it has been tested by folks and no bugs are found
- it conforms to the guidelines below
- you are willing to support it on an ongoing basis (at least 6 months)
... then please post a note in this thread. Please note that this is for the actual authors/packagers only. Please don't nominate someone else's app for inclusion. Developers/packagers, you can list up to 10 apps in a single post, but please don't continuously add new apps to one of the top 10 comments and please don't remove apps once they are crossed out. Once a post is within the top 10, we will whittle it down and then move on to the next post.
Here are the Development Test guidelines:
- Compile the Development Test Splash Screen (from the PA.c Template) into your launcher
- Follow the current PortableApps.com Format™ specification.
- Use the current PortableApps.com Installer (see PortableApps.com Format™ specification for details).
- Doing a new release titled "Dev Test 1" or appropriate number. The installer should follow the standard naming convention of AppNamePortable_1.2_Dev_Test_1_English.paf.exe
Posts will be removed as the apps are released.
Apps that are not in PortableApps.com Format and ready for official release on PortableApps.com will be removed from this thread.
Java and .Net apps delayed
We won't be releasing Java or .NET apps just yet. Java we're waiting on licensing finalization with Oracle and will shortly have the only fully legal portable Java implementation which we'll work apps from. .NET apps are awaiting the new app directory which will have a special section for apps requiring .NET which will be hidden by default and include information on why it won't work on most public PCs (which are XP and have no .NET installed at all).
- Bookbinder Portable (Java) - Gord Caswell
- FileKiller (.NET) - scriptdaemon
- Free Rapid Downloader (Java) - kiriko
- FreeCol (Java) - thesupremecommander
- Freemind (Java) - rab040ma
- Makagiga Portable (Java) - winterblood
- Minecraft (Java)
- JabRef (Java) - Gord Caswell
- jPDF Tweak (Java) - Gord Caswell
- RSSOwl Portable - computerfreaker1
- Screamer Portable - Nathan9222
- Solitaire Settlers of Catan - dagardner
- TuxGuitar (Java) - dagardner
- Zekr Portable - dagardner
Note: This topic was originally retired but has been revived and we've been having developers pickup and revise some older apps that never made it to release. We're working on the newer postings quicker, but the old ones are getting picked off one by one as well.